This is the most beautiful figure I’ve ever seen. Holy shit.
Now that we’re back from vacation, how about a giveaway?
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE ENTERING
- One (1) Dremel 4000
- One (1) EVE hypo prop from Bioshock made by Queadlunn
- One (1) twenty-five (25) dollar gift card from ONE of the following locations (you choose): Lowe’s, Home Depot, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, Michaels, Arda Wigs, Epic Cosplay, OR Amazon
Rules and Information
- Method of Entry: One reblog and one like per person.
- This giveaway is for OUR FOLLOWERS, so please be following us to enter.
- This giveaway is sponsored by Cata and Queadlunn of OHI Cosplay and is not associated with Tumblr in any way.
- Winners will be chosen via random number generator
- You must be comfortable sending us your address to receive the prizes at the end of the giveaway
- Must be 18+ to win or have parental permission to receive winnings.
- This is for continental US only, sorry!
- The giveaway will end September 30th, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST
- At the end of the giveaway your ask box MUST be open so that we may contact you. If you do not respond within 48 hours of contact at the end of the giveaway, you forfeit your right to the prize and we will contact the runner up.
One week left!
In our opinion, it would be impossible for any piercer to offer piercings, including jewelry, safely at that price. There are lots of factors that play into this, but we will focus on a just a few:
1) The biggest red flag this raises is about the quality of the jewelry being used. Many people think that all jewelry is the same and that it doesn’t matter what the quality of the jewelry installed is. This couldn’t further from the truth. If you think about it, the jewelry is the thing that will be in direct contact with your piercing while it is healing, and for as long as you have your piercing. It is the thing that will most directly affect how your piercing heals. If the jewelry is not made of a high-quality, safe material with a mirror-finish, it can drastically affect the healing of the piercing. In some cases, the piercing may appear to heal fine, but you could be exposing your self to an unsafe material that can have affects on your health.
Just like anything else, high-quality jewelry costs more (often a lot) than low-quality, mystery-metal jewelry. To be able to afford to offer piercings for $10, including jewelry, we can assure you that the jewelry being offered by this piercer is NOT high-quality, safe jewelry. Even if he was willing to make absolutely no profit, he still would not be able to buy quality jewelry that would be appropriate for a lot of piercings, for less than $10. There is a great deal of very low-quality, unsafe jewelry available that literally costs pennies to buy…and none of it is something anyone should want to wear in their body, even if their piercings seem to heal okay.
2) Being able to offer the piercing process safely also costs money. Depending upon how the piercer operates, sometimes the piercings can be done at a very low cost to the piercer. However, even at a very low costs (using the cheapest supplies, skirting various health and safety practices, never seeking out continuing education etc), we still don’t see how $10 could ever be a reasonable price to charge…and that doesn’t even include the cost of the jewelry which we addressed above.
When it comes to health and safety practices, we would be VERY concerned about what sort of corners this piercer might be cutting. To put people’s health and safety at risk by using low-quality jewelry is one thing. But, cutting corners in the areas of health and safety (cleanliness, sterilization, cross-contamination, spore testing, equipment maintenance etc) is unconscionable.
So, that’s a lot of words to basically say this:
It is our opinion that there is absolutely no way this piercer is offering safe piercings with quality jewelry for that price. it’s great your girlfriend hasn’t experienced any negative effects up to this point…and hopefully she never will. However, we would strongly encourage her to find a different a piercer.
No matter what story this person has concocted to justify his questionable practices, it just isn’t possible to do piercing safely for that cost.
You can even go to a place that charges more and still get crap jewelry or incorrectly done piercings, I know! I’ve had it happen to me! I think it’s worth the time to do the research on what piercing you’re getting, the place you’re planning on going to, and, and it’s worth the higher price for QUALITY!
this post is the only one that has 12 million notes and it changes all the time. the flubber robin williams, the rogerina, the “reblog if you dont have a tumblr” and the dean winchester gym shorts is literally all the same post and you guys are astonished that it has so many notes every time a new version of it comes around
In no way does this want to make me reconsider. I’m sorry (actually I’m not) but if I get raped and get pregnant, I am NOT having that child. It would be unfair to them. I wouldn’t love it as I should. Not to mention the physical and mental anguish I would go through while being pregnant. It is my decision, not yours to make for me
Anyone else see the irony in this poster being named “0hanameansfam”?
I mean does no one see this?
Just cause I value family doesn’t mean that I would have a child of rape
It’s good to meet people that value family*.
Saying someone who is pro choice doesn’t value family is like saying you don’t love animals if you aren’t a vegan. It’s fucking retarded. Grow up, bro.
This isn’t a question of “pro choice” this is purely and exclusively about whether or not “child of rape” is a special category of person that deserves to die.
If you would otherwise not have an abortion why would be child being the product of someone else’s bad actions elevate them to that status?
If you met Frank at a party, fucked and got pregnant and wouldn’t get an abortion under those circumstances… but met Frank at a party, got raped and got pregnant and would get an abortion under those circumstances.
There’s a massive disconnect between the two. If you would risk giving birth to the first child but not the second you’re saying in no uncertain terms that the child themselves should bear the burden of the bad acts of the father. That being the child of rape means you do not deserve the same shot at life that the child of consensual sex does.
I think that’s bullshit. It’s certainly not conducive to the belief that family comes first.
I’m pro-choice and this doesn’t make me feel any different and I’ve had plenty of arguments with people about it. On top of what’s been said the child will retain certain traits from BOTH parents and if one of them is a rapist there is a possibility the child will too become a rapist at some point in life. Not taking that risk and not destroying my own life because of a pregnancy via rape isn’t a horrible thing, it’s called looking out for yourself and ensuring that when you want a child that you are PREPARED and it’s something you want and can handle. Yes, adoption is an option but do you know how many children are in the system to be adopted? That’s a fucked up life no child should live.
Not to mentioned trying to explain who the child’s father is and how the two of you “met”. Awkwaarrrrrrd
Sorry if you’re pro-life and you don’t agree. My opinion won’t change.
Herbs herbs herbs! For all your reference, spell making and craft needs.